Driving on a highway - Palio Special!!

There is an earlier post which has some good driving tips for a highway.The blog is here.

Here are some tips for Palio owners. All of these are what i have personally experienced or heard from really dependable sources.

Preparation -

This is easy. Not at all something you should worry about. But still here are some important pointers.

1. You can fill in about 43 litres of fuel. Its good to know your mileage and route plan well in advance as the fuel indicator in Palio is not the best in it's class. I have had false alarms sometimes.
2. There are "Blind Spots". Know them well. Blind spots are areas of the road, that are not visible from inside your car using just the rear view mirrors. Of my experience, the rear view mirrors in Palio is insufficient for the size of the car.
3. Driving in the night is easy on a Palio when compared to other cars that i have driven. The double barrel lights on Stile seems more than enough, but there is a catch. I had had a tough time while driving uphill in pitch darkness around where I felt my high beam was of no use when i wanted to focus. My mechanic at the service station says he corrected this but have not tried e same since then.
4. Some may not agree but with ac on, i have had difficulty overtaking in Palio. So make sure you dont plan steep revs while overtaking.

These are some of the ones i thought was important. Please comment on this and I will make additions along with links to your blogs in case you need it.

1 comment:

HVT said...

Hello,

I wish to go to Horsley Hills this weekend. And from there I have to go to Bangalore. Can you tell me if I can get any buses from Horsley Hills to Bangalore on Sunday Night?

Thanks,
Himanshu